Monday 23 June 2014

Frustration

I went back to Fairlawn Road to try and photograph the Ringlets today but couldn't find any. I saw a Leaf-cutter Bee and tried to shoot it but it wouldn't keep still. Then I tried to photograph what looked like a Chrysotoxum bicinctum hoverfly (which would be a 'first' for the patch) but it just wouldn't play ball. I did see a Small Tortoiseshell, a Small White and a Speckled Wood though. Also a Sphaerophoria hoverfly. Some Hedge Woundwort was in flower nearby.

Last night had 6 Scarlet Tigers, a Large Yellow Underwing and lots of Rush Veneer moths in the flat.

There were several Azure Damselflies and a single Large Red Damselfly at St Andrews Park pond this afternoon. Needless to say, they all flew off when I got my camera out.
Sphaerophoria hoverfly

Scarlet Tiger moth

Small Tortoiseshell

Hedge Woundwort

No comments:

Post a Comment