Monday 16 January 2012

Bullfinch Bonanza!

I gave the station ten minutes of my valuable time this morning, concentrating on the feeders which had loads of finches and Starlings on them. I heard 2 Bullfinches, one of them actually singing  briefly, although they kept out of sight. It will be interesting to see if they stay into the spring - the station might have enough suitable habitat for nesting, who knows?

Nothing much in Montpelier Park other than a couple of Chaffinches and a briefly singing Coal Tit.

Jim has contacted me to say that yesterday he saw a Goldfinch in the garden for the first time. Also seen 7 Greenfinch, 2 Blackcaps (male and female) plus the usual Blue tit, Great tit, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Collared dove, Dunnock, Robin, Blackbird and fly over Carrion crow. Jim has sent me these fab photos - many thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment